Second round of enrollment at Denver Public Schools is now underway!
Students who live within the Northfield High School boundary are invited to apply.
Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process begins every year after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement.
Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1; took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options; or are new to DPS for next school year.
There is no online process for Round 2!
Forms are available in our front office, or you can print this English version: round-2-choice-form or Spanish version: round-2-choice-form-spanish. Please submit completed Round 2 forms directly to Northfield High School in the front office.
Who should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice form?
- Families who missed Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school.
- Families who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 form. If you are happy with your school placement following Round 1, you do not need to take part in Round 2.
- Please note: If your student was wait-listed at a school in Round 1, please DO NOT submit a Round 2 form to the same school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s list.
What do I need to do to participate in Round 2?
- Current DPS students must submit a paper Round 2 form directly to Northfield.
Where do I submit my form?
- Round 2 forms should be submitted in person to Northfield.
- A separate SchoolChoice form must be submitted to each school requested. There is no limit to the number of schools to which a Round 2 form is submitted.
- There is no online form for Round 2. Forms received by mail, fax or email will not be processed.
When can I submit my form?
- Round 2 has begun. Round 2 forms may be submitted to schools through Aug. 31, 2017.
How does Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my student’s status?
- Round 2 SchoolChoice forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no lottery involved and no priorities are given. If the school has available space for the 2017-18 school year at the time you submit your form, your student will be approved and enrolled for next year. If a waitlist exists, your student will be added to the list in date and time order.
- Round 2 notification is immediate. The school to which you submit your form can inform you if there is space available or if your student will be placed on a waitlist. Letters are not sent from our office.
- If you are accepted to a school in Round 2, your Round 1 school assignment is relinquished. Wait-list positions are not affected.
Are you a Denver resident new to DPS?
- You may enroll directly at the neighborhood school that serves your address. Click here to determine your neighborhood school. To enroll, contact the school office directly for registration dates and required documents.
- If you would like to attend a school other than your neighborhood school, you may request a New Student Enrollment form (for grades 1-12 only) from the neighborhood school that serves your address, or from a Choice and Enrollment office.
For more information about SchoolChoice at DPS, visit schoolchoice.dpsk12.org.
More details about Second round of SchoolChoice at Northfield now open