- This event has passed.
Free marijuana prevention workshop for parents/guardians
January 31 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
When: January 31, 5-6:30 p.m.
Where: Northfield High School
Workshop in English in Building 1
Workshop in Spanish in Building 2, Room 218
This FREE workshop is to provide parents and guardians with information and tools they need regarding how to talk to their kids about retail marijuana use and how to prevent consumption. Topics to be covered:
• Laws around marijuana
• Different methods of marijuana use
• Health effects of marijuana on children and adults
• And especially…. How to talk to your children about marijuana and prevent its consumption among youth
• Community members and Northfield staff are welcome to join
• Resources and tools will be provided!
Please contact School Health Professional, Julie DeGuire
For the 2017-18 school year, class will start at 7:45 a.m. and end at 3:15 p.m.
The last day of school for the 2017-18 school year is May 25.
The first day of school for the 2018-19 school year is August 13 for freshmen and August 14 for sophomores, juniors and seniors.