Social and Emotional Supports
Our mission is to actively support the academic and social-emotional success of all Northfield students. We advocate for students to receive appropriate mental health support and obtain an equal public education in a safe and secure environment. We collaborate with Northfield Staff staff, parents/guardians, outside community resources, and students to ensure that all Northfield students can access the general education.
Criteria for Referring to School-Based Therapy at Northfield High School
- Referrals to school-based therapy may be made by school counselors, school psychologists, school social workers and administrators.
- Student demonstrates mental health needs that exceed scope of practice of school counselors.
- Student demonstrates a history of mental health needs that have not been addressed or have been under addressed.
- Student does not receive outpatient therapy outside of the school currently.
- Student demonstrates financial barriers that would render outpatient therapy outside of the school a hardship.
- Student demonstrates transportation barriers that would render outpatient therapy outside of the school a hardship.
Mental Health and School Support Team
School Social Worker
School Health Professional