We have had a fantastic first week of school and are looking forward to a great year.
Our Collaborative School Committee currently has openings for two ninth grade parent members, one staff member opening and two student openings. During registration, several 9th grade parents completed nomination forms for membership on the NHS CSC.
To provide opportunities for all families to vote, both the nomination forms and the voting form is accessible electronically and will be available in paper form, during the upcoming CSC meeting on September 20th, from 5:30-7:00 pm.
We also have two scholar openings on the CSC committee. If you scholar would like to serve on the CSC committee, please have him/her see Mrs Bencomo for a nomination form. Student’s will be voting for their representatives in the upcoming week.
All CSC members have the following responsibilities for a two year membership span:
- Meeting monthly- third Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7:00 pm
- Using online polling tools and other electronic tools, to gather input as needed
- Create the SPSAC team for the principal position (when a vacancy ?exists)
- Providing advice and recommendations to the principal regarding all responsibilities of ?the CSC detailed in Policy Superintendent Procedure BDF-R4 in addition to the following:
- Advising on the school’s annual budget.
- Advising on the school’s master calendar and bell schedule
- Making recommendations regarding the school’s curriculum and instruction, and culture ?and behavior
- Advising the principal and board members on implementation and changes to the Innovation Plan, as deemed needed
Please click here to access on-line nomination forms: 9th Grade Parent Nominees
Please click here to vote for CSC members: CSC Voting Form
All of the CSC meeting agendas and notes will be posted on the NHS website. You can access it here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.