DPS Board members voted Thursday night to approve the placement of DSST: Conservatory Green High School on the Paul Sandoval Campus beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, the Board also approved a separate resolution affirming support for Northfield High School. The resolution, presented by board member Rachele Espiritu, who represents Stapleton, includes the following commitments:
- DPS will provide the staff time and funding required for Northfield High School’s application to be certified as an International Baccalaureate school.
- Every single student in the Near Northeast High School Enrollment boundary who wants to enroll at Northfield High School is guaranteed a seat at Northfield now and in the future.
- Denver Public Schools commits to working with Northfield High School to create a library meeting IB Diploma Program authorization standards no later than fall 2018.
- Denver Public Schools will fund and construct additional classroom or office space in the renovation of the former temporary cafeteria located in the gym building by fall 2018.
- Denver Public Schools will fund and construct a full service cafeteria to serve all students on the Sandoval Campus by fall 2018.
We are pleased with the resolution and will continue to work closely with district personnel on these commitments. We want to thank our community for all the support they have provided our students, teachers and school leaders.
View the Northfield resolution at http://www.boarddocs.com/co/dpsk12/Board.nsf/files/AGNUUZ79A3CE/$file/FINAL%20NHS%20Resolution_12%2015%2016%20305p.pdf