Our Fall Play, She Kills Monsters, will be performed November 14 & 15 at 7pm. Tickets available online or at the door – $10 for adults, $5 for students.
A comedic romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games, She Kills Monsters tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio following the death of her teenage sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds Tilly’s Dungeons & Dragons notebook, however, she stumbles into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in the imaginary world that was Tilly’s refuge.
Come enjoy this high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90s pop culture as acclaimed young playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek and warrior within us all.
Caution: Play contains strong language and mild adult themes. Age 14+
Northfield Theatre and our Nighthawk Cast exist to creatively and collaboratively share stories that spark joy, engage, inspire, empower, and improve ourselves and our audience. We aim to to engage in students in thought provoking and self-empowering work. Students will be asked to not only create and perform, but to think critically about how their art engages their community, brings people together and challenges pre conceived thought about the world around them. Our hope is for each student to not only be an awesome performer, technician, script writer or director, but to also be knowledgeable about they work they are doing.
NHS Performing Arts provides a variety of courses aimed to challenge students with varying levels of experience.
- Theatre Arts 1 is designed for students with no previous experience.
- Theatre Arts 2 is for students who have taken a theatre course in the past, or were involved in a production who have a working knowledge of the basics of theatre.
- Advanced Production is an audition only class where students will be challenged with rigorous course work, challenging material and will create and perform their own main stage production.
- IB Theatre focuses not as much on the product of theatre but on the history, and the process. Course is only available for Juniors and Seniors and is a 2 year commitment.
- Stage Craft is a course for students interested in the technical side of things. Students will be working on design and implementation elements of different technical skills such as; set design, lighting, sound, costuming, set construction, painting, etc.
Performing Arts teachers:
Our Theatre Department External Website offers additional information about our program.