Daily Bell Schedule
|Period 5/ Lunch||Period 5-11:25-12:16
Period 5 -12:05-12:56
First Quarter – August 22 – October 21
Second Quarter – October 24 – December 21 (End of First Semester)
Third Quarter – January 9 – March 10
Fourth Quarter – March 13 – June 2
Northfield High School strives to maintain an environment that is safe for all students and is conducive to learning. The purpose of the Northfield dress code is to create a professional and respectful environment. Student attire is an outward indication of one’s desire for success and as such, Northfield has developed a Dress Code within District guidelines to support a safe and disruption-free, appropriate learning environment for all.
Standard Daily Dress Code
All clothing and Accessories may not:
- Be profane, obscene, lewd, suggestive, libelous, or vulgar
- Denote gang involvement
- Promote the use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons
- Intimidate or threaten any individual or group
- Disrupt the learning environment
- Promote any activity prohibited by the student code of conduct
The following items are not acceptable on school grounds, in school district vehicles or at school functions or activities:
- Shorts, dresses, skirts or other similar clothing shorter than mid-thigh length
- Sunglasses, hats or headscarves worn inside the building (Hajabs are allowed)
- Bandanas as apparel and/or accessories may not be worn or displayed at any time.
- Inappropriate footwear such as bedroom slippers
- Inappropriately sheer, tight, loose or low-cut clothing that bares or exposes the stomach, back, breasts, or buttocks. (For example, the following items are prohibited under this section: garments made of fishnet, mesh, or similar material, and midriffs, halter tops, backless clothing, tube tops, muscle tops, revealing tank tops or sundresses, etc..)
- Pajama style pants
- Sleeveless shirts that expose undergarments (i.e. no tank tops with bra straps showing)
- Leggings are allowed, with additional clothing. Additional clothing should be the appropriate length.
- Pants or shorts with holes must have additional clothing underneath, if the holes are above the knees.
All PANTS must fit at the waist (sagging is not allowed).
Coats worn to school must be placed in lockers upon arrival to school. Thin/lightweight jackets/vests for warmth may be worn and must be of waist length.
If clothing or accessories are inappropriate, disruptive, or outside of the dress code, students will be asked to change, parents will be contacted and/or other disciplinary consequences will be enforced.
The Northfield Administration reserves the right to determine if any clothing is inappropriate and change dress code as deemed necessary.