For the 2019-20 school year, Round 1 of School Choice begins on January 15 and runs until February 15 at 4pm. For information about the DPS SchoolChoice process, please visit the website, SchoolChoice, to understand your enrollment options. The Office of Choice and Enrollment Services can also be reached at 720-423-3493
Campus Tours, Shadowing, Open Houses
As of mid-January, 2019, we have concluded our program of 8th grade outreach events. You are welcome to attend any of our upcoming athletics or cultural events, and to explore our website to learn more about our school.
The following information will be used to prioritize applicants for boundary schools during the Round One SchoolChoice student assignment process, as approved by the DPS Board of Education.
Applicants for grades 9-12 are prioritized in the following way:
- Students who reside in the school boundary (guaranteed)
- District resident students who are currently attending the school
- District resident students with a currently-attending sibling
- Children of full-time employees at the school
- Students residing in the Far Northeast enrollment zone (9th grade applicants for East, George Washington and Northfield high schools only)
- District resident students currently impacted by school closure decisions
- All other District resident students
- Non-District resident students who are currently attending the school OR have a currently-attending sibling
- All other non-District resident students
On June 12, 2014, the Board of Education approved the Northfield High School boundary. The approved boundary includes the Stapleton elementary school boundary and East Park Hill. All students who live within this boundary are guaranteed admission to the school should they want a seat. To view the boundary, please see the resolution / map here. In addition, the school will ensure that at least 35% of seats are available for students living outside the boundary in the Far Northeast area of Denver.
Boundary students are required to submit two forms of identification indicating their address within the defined boundary.