For the 2019-20 school year, Northfield currently has a waitlist of over 200 students, and due to strong enrollment, it is not anticipated that we will be able to enroll any waitlisted students at this time. If you have recently moved to the Northfield boundary (see boundary information below), however, your student may be eligible to enroll. Please visit the DPS School Choice website, SchoolChoice, to understand your enrollment options. The Office of Choice and Enrollment Services can also be reached at 720-423-3493. Students who do not reside in Denver or currently attend at DPS school are encouraged to look for open spots in other schools at this time.
For 2019-20, registration will take place in person on August 5, 6 and 7 from 9am-1pm and August 7 from 6-8pm. Fees are $100 for grades 9 and 10 and $105 for grades 11 and 12. Details of the registration fees are available here. Please complete your Annual Family Update through the DPS Parent Portal or Infinite Campus prior to coming in to register.
The following information will be used to prioritize applicants for boundary schools during the Round One SchoolChoice student assignment process, as approved by the DPS Board of Education.
Applicants for grades 9-12 are prioritized in the following way:
- Students who reside in the school boundary (guaranteed)
- District resident students who are currently attending the school
- District resident students with a currently-attending sibling
- Children of full-time employees at the school
- Students residing in the Far Northeast enrollment zone (9th grade applicants for East, George Washington and Northfield high schools only)
- District resident students currently impacted by school closure decisions
- All other District resident students
- Non-District resident students who are currently attending the school OR have a currently-attending sibling
- All other non-District resident students
On June 12, 2014, the Board of Education approved the Northfield High School boundary. The approved boundary includes the Stapleton elementary school boundary and East Park Hill. All students who live within this boundary are guaranteed admission to the school should they want a seat. To view the boundary, please see the resolution / map here. In addition, the school will ensure that at least 35% of seats are available for students living outside the boundary in the Far Northeast area of Denver.
Boundary students are required to submit three forms of identification indicating their address within the defined boundary. The Residency Verification Form is available to download and complete prior to registration.
Campus Tours, Shadowing, Open Houses
Open Houses for 8th Grade Families will be held on October 24, 2019 and January 15, 2020 from 6:30-8:30pm. We encourage prospective families to come to these events, as they provide a comprehensive overview of Northfield’s academics, sports, culture and programming.
Dates for campus tours and shadowing will be announced at the beginning of October. Please check back for more information.