Denver Public Schools (DPS) Diploma
Specific Graduation Requirements:
Northfield High School Class of 2022 and Beyond
Northfield expectations for the Class of 2022 and Beyond match DPS expectations except for these additions:
- All students must take two years of a world language
- This requirement is waived for the Class of 2023 and the Class of 2024
- All students are required to complete 30 hours of community service
- This requirement is waived for the Class of 2022
- All students are required to take IB Language and Literature; plus, one additional IB course at the junior and/or senior levels
International Baccalaureate ® Diploma
- Diploma Programme candidates must fulfill numerous requirements as laid out by the IB organization. Candidates must:
- Pursue course work in groups 1-5 (Language and Literature, Foreign Language, Social Studies, Science, Math); plus, 1 more (from the Arts, or another from Groups 1-5)
- 3 or 4 courses at the Higher Level (HL)
- 2 or 3 courses at Standard Level (SL)
- Score at least 24 points. Exams are each scored from 1-7, and TOK/EE provide an opportunity to earn up to 3 additional points.
- Complete the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course with a passing grade (D or higher). Receiving an “N” in TOK disqualifies a student from candidacy.
- Complete the 7 learning outcomes of Creativity, Action, and Service (CAS).
- Complete the required Extended Essay (EE) with a passing grade (D or higher). Receiving an “N” in EE disqualifies a student from candidacy.
- Receive no grade 1 in any subject.
- Receive no more than two grade 2s awarded (HL or SL).
- Receive no more than three grade 3s awarded (HL or SL).
- Must gain 12 points or more points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest count).
- Must gain 9 points or more on SL subjects (for candidates who register for two SL subjects, they must gain at least 5 points at SL).
Participation in Graduation Ceremony
It is the responsibility of the student to continually monitor progress, grades, and graduation status. A student may only participate in the Northfield High School graduation ceremony if they have completed Northfield High School graduation requirements and earned the minimum of 24 units, including all required courses. Students must also meet the Northfield attendance requirement of a minimum of 92% and positive behavior expectations. Students are urged to stay in close contact with their counselor for current progress status information.