- Like us on Facebook to get great photos and information about current Northfield happenings.
- Subscribe to the weekly Friday newsletter.
- Follow us on Instagram.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- View the newsletter archives.
Contact April Slater at (720) 423-8016 or April_Slater@dpsk12.net, with any questions related to Northfield communications.
In case of an emergency, messages may be left for students at 720-423-8000. Please do not call student cell phones. There will be absolutely no paging of a student during school hours.
School Communication with Families
- Grades are updated weekly in Infinite Campus. Please check student grades frequently.
- Progress Reports are available every 6 weeks.
- Weekly announcements are emailed to families and posted on our website.
- Automated recorded phone messages alert parents of student absences.
- Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled each semester. Please attend!
- School closures are announced on radio stations and local TV stations. Closures will also be listed on the DPS web-site https://www.dpsk12.org/
Parents/Guardians who wish to make an appointment to see an administrator, counselor, or student support staff should contact the Main Office at 720-423-8000. If the meeting is regarding a class assignment or grade, then parents/guardians need to contact the teacher first to discuss the issue prior to contacting the alpha administrator. Oftentimes, administrators are not available, as they are in classroom observations, meetings on-site, or out of the building. It is always best to set an appointment before arriving at the school. You may not be seen that day by an administrator without an appointment. Parents/Guardians who want to make an appointment with the teacher can contact them directly via email or phone call. It is important that parents/guardians communicate with the teacher on any classroom concern prior to contacting administration.
Parents/Guardians and students can have immediate access to student records through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. To gain access, a parent/guardians must sign up at https://myportal.dpsk12.org. Attendance history, current class grades, health records, student schedules, and standardized test scores are all available through this portal. Northfield utilizes Schoology for real-time grades. Parents/Guardians can create a Schoology account through the Apps Section of Parent Portal.
Parent Teacher Conferences
School-wide parent/guardian teacher conferences are scheduled in the Fall and Spring. If you would like to meet with the teacher prior to or after conferences, please contact the teacher directly to set up an appointment. Contact information for all teachers is found on the Northfield website.
Northfield High School Classroom Visits
Parents/Guardians may request to visit their student’s classroom through the school counselor or individual teacher.
Here are a few guidelines for classroom visits:
· Classroom visits should be arranged ahead of time.
· Classroom visits are limited to 20 minutes.
· The teacher will have a seat for you, where you can sit quietly during your visit.
· Classroom visits are an opportunity for you to observe your child, while allowing the teacher to continue the lesson.
· If you would like to speak to the teacher to discuss your visit, please see the Main Office and someone will assist you in setting up an appointment.