What is INCubatoredu@Northfield?
INCubatoredu@Northfield offers high school students an authentic entrepreneurship experience. It is the first program of its type in Denver Public Schools and only the 7th in the state of Colorado. Over the course of the year, INCubatoredu student teams have the opportunity to create and develop a product or service via the Lean Startup method, while also being exposed to foundational business topics, such as marketing and finance. They start the process with problem ideation, progress to developing a minimal viable product and then present their new businesses at Pitch Day in the Spring. Learn more about the INCubatoredu curriculum.
INCubatoredu’s key points include:
- Lean Startup process blended with foundational business topics.
- Hands-on problem solving.
- Team approach to learning with classroom teachers, coaches, and mentors.
Community involvement is key to the success of INCubatoredu@Northfield. Local business experts serve as volunteer coaches and mentors, offering real-world advice and expertise to student teams. They provide guidance as students move through the process of ideation, market research, and business plan development.
Program Sponsors help enhance INCubatoredu@Northfield by providing funding for field trips, additional class resources, Pitch Night, and student project investment.
- Interested in Volunteer or Sponsor opportunities? Have a look at this overview and then fill out our interest form.
- Have questions? Review our program flyer, and email Northfield Paraprofessional, Tarah Buckner, or call (720) 423-8028.
- Follow our Facebook page for news and updates.