- Practices will be limited to 90 minutes and events will adhere to game guidelines
- All state and local health guidelines will be enforced
- CHSAA and DPS guidelines will be followed
- Transportation will NOT be provided
- All staff members working with students will have completed training regarding protocols and procedures during the COVID-19 crisis and registered with CHSAA for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Registered students will be assigned to cohorts and those cohorts will stay intact for the duration of the pre-season. Once teams are assigned, students will not be allowed to change/switch cohorts unless it is a permanent switch that is the result of injury, illness or eligibility. Coaches (in conjunction with their school’s Athletic Director) will have full discretion to assign groups.
- All participants will complete a pre-screening questionnaire before entering the facility and will follow arrival and departure guidelines that are designed to maximize social distance.
- No family members or guests are allowed to be in attendance at practice sessions. Parents or others who are dropping off and picking up students should remain in their vehicle.
- Participants will report in proper gear and immediately return home to shower at the end of the activity. Identified restrooms will be available but will not be used for changing or congregating.
- Social distancing, a minimum distance of six feet apart, will be practiced at all times. Failure to practice social distancing can and will disqualify students from participating in activities. (drills and competition situations are exempt but should provide social distance as appropriate)
- Participants must bring their own water and water bottles and should not be shared.
- Appropriate clothing/shoes will be worn at all times. Pennies and reversible shared jerseys are not permitted.
- Hand sanitizer will be available but students and staff should bring their own hand sanitizer as well. Individuals will use hand sanitizer upon entry to the field/facility, throughout the practice session as appropriate, and at the end of their session.
- Equipment and all hard surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly per cleaning plan established by AD in conjunction with facility manager. Weight equipment should be cleaned between individual users.
- All indoor areas should be evaluated to determine adequate ventilation.
- Drills should maximize social distance (3 feet) and run linear to minimize face to face contact when possible.
Weight rooms and dance rooms will be restricted to 25% capacity including 1 coach and will follow guidelines for gyms and weight rooms for capacity as guidelines change.