Northfield Theatre and our Nighthawk Cast exist to creatively and collaboratively share stories that spark joy, engage, inspire, empower, and improve ourselves and our audience. We aim to to engage in students in thought-provoking and self-empowering work. Students are asked to not only create and perform, but to think critically about how their art engages their community, brings people together and challenges pre-conceived thought about the world around them. Our hope is for each student to not only be an awesome performer, technician, script writer or director, but to also be knowledgeable about the work they do.
Northfield Performing Arts provides a variety of courses aimed to challenge students with varying levels of experience.
- Theatre Arts 1 is designed for students with no previous experience.
- Theatre Arts 2 is for students who have taken a theatre course in the past, or were involved in a production and who have a working knowledge of the basics of theatre.
- Advanced Production is an audition-only class, where students are challenged with rigorous course work, challenging material and create and perform their own main stage production.
- IB Theatre focuses not as much on the product of theatre, but on the history and the process. Course is only available for Juniors and Seniors and is a 2 year commitment.
- Stage Craft is a course for students interested in the technical side of things. Students work on design and implementation elements of different technical skills, such as set design, lighting, sound, costuming, set construction, painting, etc.
You can catch up with The Nighthawk Cast on Facebook and on Instagram – we’ll keep you posted on ALL the drama at Northfield!
Performing Arts teachers:
Ms. Hanan Al-Naqeeb and Ms. Jennifer Carabetta helm our Theatre Arts Program.
Our Theatre Department External Website offers additional information about our program.